Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving!

It has been awhile since I've blogged - obviously. Over the past few months, the Facebook bug has bitten our family and friends. It is nice to catch up with classmates and friends who I haven't seen or spoken to in decades - now I am farming with them or beating their Bejeweled scores :)

Many people say "if I haven't talked to them in that long, there is a reason...". I don't agree - life just gets in the way. We graduate and everyone goes their own way. It doesn't mean we didn't get along. Anyway...it is nice and I enjoy my visits with friends near and far.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow - our yearly adventure in decision making - who's house will we eat dinner at? It used to be that my parents ate at 2:00 and Dave's mom ate at 5:00 - we'd just eat at both and suffer the consequences later. Now they both eat at 2:00. We are typically the "floater family", scoping out which family is expecting less people and go there and have dessert at the other. We are truly blessed to have such a dilemma. So, tonight, I will help my dad make stuffing and get everything together, while Dave will make 6 pumpkin pies at our house.

  • I am thankful for my family and friends and the health and safety of all. People often wish for happiness or money, but I'll take health and safety - the rest will work itself out.
  • I am thankful for the men and women in our Armed Services who fight for freedom - both ours and others.
  • I am thankful for a large family of people who generally all get along.
  • Most of all, I'm thankful for my husband and children who are the loves of my life.

I wish all of my friends a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: